HIGH-QUALITY, MATCHING NUMBERS EXAMPLE
FORMERLY PART OF A LARGE CLASSIC CAR COLLECTION
FACTORY-SPECIFIED CARMEN RED PAINT OVER BISCUIT LEATHER
RARE HIGH-PERFORMANCE 3.4L S - 1 OF 888 PRODUCED
250 HP 3.4L DOHC 6-CYLINDER/4-SPEED GEARBOX/OVERDRIVE
RECENT SOFT TOP, CHROME WIRE WHEELS, WIDE WHITEWALLS
UPGRADED WITH ELECTRIC POWER STEERING GEAR
INCLUDES JAGUAR DAIMLER HERITAGE TRUST CERTIFICATE
READY TO ENJOY WITH CLASSIC JAGUAR LOOKS AND PERFORMANCE
Introduced during May 1957, the XK 150 built on the brilliant heritage of Jaguars XK 120 and XK 140 as the final evolution of Jaguars original, game-changing line of postwar sports cars. Bearing a strong family resemblance to its predecessors, yet with cleaner styling, the XK 150 was a refined product of careful evolution with subtle design cues, improved engine cooling, and better visibility with a modern one-piece curved windscreen. At launch, the XK 150 was available in both Fixed Head and Drophead Coupe body styles, with the Open Two Seater (Roadster) available from March 1958.
While similar to its stablemates at first glance, the OTS was in fact quite different, with its cowl moved back four inches to provide a longer hood and front fenders for a sportier appearance. Convenient new roll-up windows were a first for Jaguars roadsters. Jaguars international racing successes improved the companys road models, with the XK 150 equipped with Dunlop four-wheel disc brakes harnessing the power of its DOHC XK inline 6-cylionder engine, available in S tune with triple SU carburetors and 250 HP for 1958-61 from 3.4 liters and in 3.8-liter, 265-HP tune from 1959-61.
This very attractive 1959 Jaguar XK 150S OTS is a high-quality example of Jaguars legendary postwar sports cars and continues to benefit handsomely from a restoration completed during the late 1990s. Blessed with complete matching numbers, it is powered by the original 250-HP, 3.4-liter DOHC engine and equipped with very desirable factory overdrive for relaxed enjoyment at higher speeds. Following assembly, it was dispatched to the United States via Jaguar Cars, New York and subsequently sold to its first owner in Colorado. More recently, it was part of a large classic-car collection, where its eventual restoration was very well preserved. Recently, the Jaguar was completely reupholstered in Biscuit leather beautifully complementing the striking Carmen Red paint finish and fitted with a new set of chrome wire wheels and wide whitewall tires. Added electric power steering delivers heightened driving ease. A Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate on file confirms original data.
According to marque authorities, Jaguar produced just 888 examples of the XK 150S with the 250-HP, 3.4-liter powerplant from 1958-61. With its many refinements and high factory specification, this handsomely presented Jaguar marks the height of company founder Sir William Lyons Grace, pace, and space philosophy. Contact us for a viewing and full details and add it to your collection today!